Monday, August 7, 2017

What you will see today

Well honestly it depends a lot on the upload speeds as to when.
The pieces from yesterday's live event are almost done. Probably will start upload within 45 minutes and an hour.
The next tutorial is almost done too. Not sure if I will upload it today or tomorrow. By the way, it seemed to me last time I did this, that when I actually "schedule" a video, that is, when I upload it but schedule it to become published for the public at a later time, not right after being uploaded, it doesn't take that much to upload and process.
Then I have to upload too the first part of the tutorial for my patrons and sponsors.

I did crash yesterday after the live event and was only awake briefly in the late evening. But I did wake up close to 6 am, and woke up rested, which is rare these days. The weather is still overcast and dreary, so yes, extra pain. But not to the point of making me unable to do stuff.

I did say yesterday that I was approached by one of those "we'll get you views and subscribers for $xxx" who actually referenced the little girl's channel to show their prowess. Well, if you are a new youtuber, be very cautious on these offers. I get them all the time.

The ones you need to be the most cautious about (if you have monetization enabled on your channel) are the so called "marketing" companies. They offer to make your channel really known and with lots of views and subscribers, they will tell you all the wonders they have to offer, and only after trying to bamboozle you with all the awesome advantages you will get if you become their partner, you will find out that what they want in return is a share of the ad revenue. Don't fall for it. They don't do practically a thing, just take your money, and on top of it you might find out, if you want to get out of the deal, that somewhere in a fine print, you signed a contract with them for xxx years. Youtube won't help you on that one. So be very careful. As a former web developer and an actual website owner (not talking about my online store, I have other websites) I know about all these scams, because that is what they are, scams, profiteers taking advantage of people who are novices in the field.

Ok, now let's get away from the ugliness. Watch out for Teresa Salgado's new video, she's playing right now with Swellegant, and she will post all about it. I can't wait.

And if you didn't watch her tutorial on the steampunk hourglass, go watch it. It's awesome.



And talking about the design I did yesterday, here's another beautiful inspiration for you. Another Russian artist who's work I absolutely adore, Rusalina. check this bracelet tutorial out. I know it's in Russian but you can understand perfectly what she's doing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It will be posted after I review it.
I am sorry but I have to moderate comments due to spam.