Sunday, May 21, 2017

Ikat cane tutorial

So change of plans. I realized that the "dimension and distress" tutorial is actually going to be a little larger so I'm still working on that.

In the meantime, I made a short tutorial on how to make a controlled ikat cane in a much simpler way than the tutorials out there show you - that is, using a checkerboard cane.

After I futzed around with the idea (and some clay) on making a tutorial about making pattern canes using the ikat cane, I realized that that's the subject of a bigger tutorial as well.

So I just went ahead and did the small ikat cane one.

I will make later ones on patterns and also how to use the ikat on making realistic flowers.

I'll update later, also will update with the link to the tutorial as soon as it's finished uploading.

About 40 more minutes. Did you think youtube was going to be kind to me?

tutorial is up:


I am taking a break as I need to go out with my BFF and her mother, who is visiting from Virginia. You all have a good Sunday now, hear?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It will be posted after I review it.
I am sorry but I have to moderate comments due to spam.