Thursday, July 27, 2017

Mica shift necklace tutorial

It's at the final bake. Needs varnishing then putting together.  So I expect in about an hour and a half I'll start editing and should be up around noon-ish.

Also, I got a box of samples from a cold-enamel manufacturer, that I am supposed to test and review for use on polymer clay. Really excited about that. Hopefully within a week I should be able to post it. Got to run it by the people first.  But I'm really excited. I've seen Russian artists working with cold enamel and was hoping to find someone around here to make that. Guess I did.

I have to go get carrots for my dog. Yes, you read right. Carrots are his favorite snack.

About 13-14 years ago (can't remember exactly but definitely more than 11 years because one of the dogs I'm talking about died in 2006) I had the most extraordinary couple of dogs: a yorkiepoo female, Betsy, and a Newfoundland/Great Date mix, Thor. The most unusual pair, a huge dog and a tiny dog. They were inseparable. Well, they were seniors too. At the time, there was a huge scandal with tainted dog treats from (where else?) China. So I trained my dogs to eat carrots as treats. They didn't mind. Then the latest addition to the pack, a Greyhound mix, Maya, learned to like carrots too. Later, in 2007, after both Betsy (close to 20 years old) and Thor (at 16 1/2 years old) had died, Maya was getting bored while I was at work. So I adopted my present dog, Whisper, from a local sanctuary. Whisper learned from Maya to like carrots as treats. Now if he doesn't get carrots one day, he throws tantrums. I'm out of carrots.

So I need to go get carrots for my dog.

Also, we're expecting some storms this afternoon. I hope it won't knock out the power. I should be done with the rest of  my tutorials by then anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It will be posted after I review it.
I am sorry but I have to moderate comments due to spam.