Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Getting distracted - the bane of my life

See, I was doing so well. Got pretty much caught up tutorial wise (still working on one but I'm getting there) and then suddenly I get an idea about some really awesome looking circle ear rings.

Now I know I won't have rest until I make them.

On the other hand, I think I figured out one of my sleep triggers. Eating. I did just fine (and wasn't hungry) til around 3:30. When I got hungry and ate. Been fighting sleep since.

Now, look at this tutorial:

It has something similar to a tutorial I will be posting soon - as in August soon.  It's also based on translucent, inks and gold leaf. But looks a tad different, especially due to the approach to mica-containing polymer clays. Again, as I said in today's tutorial, it will be part of a future tutorial.

Also, I said a while ago - and said it again later - I am not much into flowers. I mean, polymer clay flower jewelry. There are few exceptions.

One of the exceptions are flowers that are made to really look like flowers, and manage to reproduce the delicate ephemerity of flowers. Like what this Russian artist does, it's absolutely fabulous:


Also there is the other approach, when the jewelry doesn't actually try to imitate the flower per se, of course, it still looks like flower but the approach is different. Like in this (again a Russian artist) work, that I think is absolutely amazing:

Evghenia Alexandrova

Oh yes, I've said it before and I'll say it again - the Russian artists are miles ahead of the artists in the West.

Could I do something like this? Probably. No, not probably, definitely. It's just not on my list of priorities right now.

Right now I decided to experiment for a while in three directions, and get some more in-depth refinement of techniques:

1. Mica clays. There's a lot to discover there still
2. Mokume gane
3. A few more gemstone imitations. Now, don't get me wrong, I know that the whole gemstone imitation technique is rather futile and that there aren't many who do that, just a few enthusiasts, and people like mostly to watch it done. It's still fun. And a challenge.

I still have some things unfinished for July - and yes, some of them will get shifted to August - like the Tuareg jewelry, due to not being able to make a realistic carnelian yet.

 I will attempt to do the malachite this week. Hopefully. I do have everything I need but there is so much still I need to do. Oh well, that means I don't have time to get bored, now, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It will be posted after I review it.
I am sorry but I have to moderate comments due to spam.