Friday, July 21, 2017

Hot Friday

I got the tiled bracelet pattern posted for my Patreon patrons. Later today or tomorrow I will be starting to actually make the bracelet base. That will be the first part of the tutorial.

In about an hour I will be heading to Hobby Lobby to get some black clay (thank you, Elizabeth!) and I will be posting later today the first part of the watercolor/torn paper technique public tutorial, presenting different variants depending on the media used. Also with a bonus, how to create faux mosaic starting from the "torn paper" technique.

I will update this as the day goes by.

Update 10:00 am.

Got back from errands. Just in time. It's starting to get hot. I stopped to check Wednesday's new sales at Aldi's on my way home from Hobby Lobby - I did take the black clay with me inside, just to be on the safe side, didn't leave it in the car to get hot) and that was a good idea. They had the mangoes for 33 cents a piece. Huge, beautiful, ripe mangoes. I love mangoes. Got 10 of them so 3 days of mango eating. Of course I had to help 3 more people pick them. It always happens with mangoes and avocadoes. People see me feeling the fruit and picking some and putting some aside and they're "do you know how to pick these? Can you please show me?" Of course I do. Oh yes it also happens with watermelons and cantaloupes/honeydews.
But, anyway. Got the black clay. Took my pain pill - right on time as by the time I got home my shoulderblades and hands were starting to kill me - so within about 10-15 minutes I should be able to start on the tutorial and hopefully by noon have it uploading. Most likely there will be two parts.

Update 5:20. I'm still working at it. Everything went well with the first part, made the 4 (well 4 1/2 variants) alright, cut the pieces and made the beads for the final necklace, but by the time they were all baked and everything the heat got to top. I've been in a "clay for 5 minutes, put the clay in the fridge for 20" rut for the last 3 hours. The temperature in the house climbed to 78F and has stayed there. I work with the clay for a few minutes then it starts sticking to my fingers. Yes, I tried the finger cots. It's too soft.

So honestly at this point I am not entirely sure if I will be able to finish taping the tutorial until much later tonight. And honestly at that time I do not know how tired I will be or not.

I will take some pics though once the pieces are done and post them tonight even if the tutorial won't be up til tomorrow. Considering my wake-up time is usually between 4 and 5 am, I should have plenty of time to finish everything and have it uploaded (hopefully before noon).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It will be posted after I review it.
I am sorry but I have to moderate comments due to spam.