Thursday, July 20, 2017

Whimsical feather cane

As the carnelian isn't going the way I was hoping it would, it got moved in the queue and the part 2 of the feather canes was posted today.

I need to get more red pigmented clay and also try other media. I am sure I can find something that will tint the translucent without rendering it opaque.

On the other hand, I wish I could find Cernit. I heard only good words about their new translucents. Maybe this winter I will be able to order some online.

Back to work. I have to put up the necessary to be done for Sunday, and working on other things too. It's horribly hot out, and tomorrow will be even hotter.

In other breaking news someone messaged me that woman with the voice of an old alcoholic is at copying me again. Now she tried to copy two at once, my "window frame" round pendant and my Angelina film tutorial.You know, honestly I do not have a problem with that, tutorials are out there for people to learn and spread the knowledge, but for goodness' sakes, give the source, don't act like you invented something that you just stole! It's beyond dishonest, it's despicable.

Here's the tutorial


2 comments:

  1. I love this feather! I know who you are talking about that is copying you. Her Angelina film video came up in my YouTube recommended list. I thought it was your video at first, but the thumbnail picture didn't look anything like what you made. It really is low when someone doesn't give credit where credit is due. But hey, at least you know she watches your videos! lol She is one of two polymer clay artists I just can't bring myself to watch. On a more positive note...I made a $25 donation to your PayPal so maybe you can get some black clay that you need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, this person messaged me about it and I went and looked. She's the same one who copied my dragon's eye pendants, that I talked about in the dragon's eye tutorial. I also find that despicable. There are artists out there who do inspire me as well, and sometimes they post a piece that makes me go "hmmm" then I create one inspired by theirs - usually with a twist or taking it up another notch, but I always, always, give credit and say who inspired me. It takes so much work and so many failed attempts sometimes to get the result you are dreaming of.
      Thank you for the donation! yes, I jumped for joy, I will go tomorrow to get the clay and be able to finish both the watercolor/torn paper ones and the mokume gane ones. I sent you an email, we need to get in contact on facebook.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! It will be posted after I review it.
I am sorry but I have to moderate comments due to spam.