Sunday, May 21, 2017

Fire in the hole!

Just kidding.
I've been making torpedo beads all late evening. I love the effects I got on some of them.
Now what to do with them lol

Oh yes, and I don't have a bead maker, they're done by hand. I had (imagine that!) some scraps and did some damascus cane and other stuff then used it as veneer for these. If you're interested how to make them without a bead maker, just tell me.

Also I discovered something while making them. I'll have to replicate the effect and if it replicates, I'll make a tutorial about it.

Quite a crop  huh

that one in the middle


looks like some kind of egg ready to hatch or something






that yellow one looks like a geisha in a kimono

2 comments:

  1. These look great, nice mix of colours. I would like to know how you shaped the beads, I have had a go, but it was a bit hit and miss, so if you have any tips, that would be a great help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After the new year I will have a couple tutorials dealing in beads - shapes, sizes, how to cover them with veneers, all kinds of things, and the torpedo beads will be part of them. You shape them with your hands, initially but then you use the help of an acrylic block to finish off the pretty thin ends. It's hard to explain without the visual. I think Polymer clay Tutor has a tutorial on that on youtube.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! It will be posted after I review it.
I am sorry but I have to moderate comments due to spam.