Monday, May 22, 2017

Today's stuff - pansies?

Sorry for the late beginning. Again I didn't sleep well last night so it took me a while to get out of the "i'm a zombie" phase.

I am running out of clay. So the options for tutorials will have to be restricted to whatever colors I still have "in stock". I know, I know, "go buy more" - well that won't happen until the 1st.

I do still have enough for this week's tutorials. I think. Got a request for a separate tutorial for the cane of the Central America native inspired necklace. When I looked - I was out of black. Went and rummaged through the "drawer with treasures" - a.k.a. where any pieces and bit and scrap of clay is hiding - and found an old block of black Premo. I mean OLD. That thing is probably 7  years old. Of course I had left it open after pinching a chunk of a corner so it was dried. I said "no problem, in the food chopper with you" well guess what? My food chopper crapped. So that goes on the list of "must have" for the 1st. I did manage to get that clay conditioned though, with a lot of pasta machine cranking and elbow grease. And of course clay softener.

My lawn needs mowing but looks like some rain is on the way. So I guess it's tutorial time. First the pansies then either the leaves or the cane. I'm sstill working on the "dimension and distress" no worries.

I'm thinking of making one of these two:



They're perfect example of "skinner ikat with inclusions:


Ok I'm off to those pansies. Will update later as usual.

2:00 update. Editing the pansies tutorial. I think I made the biggest cane I've ever made in my life! And I was even able to reduce it! lol

Anyway. Will be working on the leaves tutorial too while the Stormtrooper is working on the video.

5:10 (ish) update

Unfortunately I made some boo-boo so I need to re-tape some of the pansies tutorial. Will be doing that tomorrow.

Until then I made the tutorial with the cane for the Central America native inspired necklace. Will post separately explanations and diagram.

Yea, still working on those leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It will be posted after I review it.
I am sorry but I have to moderate comments due to spam.