Wednesday, September 6, 2017

O hai


O hai. long time no see, sorry, I did not go MIA, I was just super busy trying to finish things.  I did start about half a dozen times to write an blog entry but something happened each and every time and I never finished.

As you can see I posted two new public tutorials; one on a Halloween theme (as promised) and one that is the first part on a mokume gane journey. I will link them at the end of this post.

As a little bit of a better news, I managed in the last week to stay awake about 8 hours a day. Awesome. Hopefully it will improve more and more.

My next blood tests are scheduled for the 15th of September. That is when I go do a bone density test too.

I also go on the 18th to get shots in my left wrist. The ones on the right wrist worked great, the hand hurts way less and I am able to do more stuff with it. And the splint helped tremendously.

I finished three tutorials for my sponsors and have only two left (well, one is actually partial of one of the other three, I divided one in two parts to be easier to watch as it was a set).

So I guess I didn't do that bad, in terms of productivity.

Where I'm behind - of course as usual my own pieces that need to be finished and photographed and posted in the online store.

House keeping.

Grocery shopping.

Bummer. Then I got some paperwork to take care of for my probate in Europe and also schedule a house viewing (after I do the housekeeping) for the sale of the house. Yes, I've been trying for over a year but no serious buyers.

I've been doing some research too on various techniques. Hopefully will be post something soon.

Still have to finish the enamel thing. I need two hours of not falling asleep
Still have to do the glitter tutorial.

The translucent canes have to wait a few days, y'all. As a piece of advice.

DON'T BUY STUFF FROM SCULPEYPRODUCTS.COM.

I should have listened to my gut instinct that told  me that a website that doesn't give you the shipping amount until AFTER you enter your payment details has something shady going on. But I didn't.

It took them three days to put my shipment together. That is, they put it together in the fourth day. And it didn't get to UPS until the evening of the fourth day. That was yesterday. So I have big doubts I will get the clay by Friday.

And this was on a $150 order. My BFF had given me some money to get something for her too, so yes, this is how they handle orders, even larger ones. When I commented on the delay, I got some mumbled excuses about "we dont' want the clay in transit during the week-end" - what is the difference between the package being in transit during the week-end and during the week? I pointed out that mail actually does travel during the week-end too. At which they asked me if I wanted to cancel the order. Yes, y'all, after waiting since Friday (I had put my order in a little before 6 am, so they could have processed it Friday) til Tuesday, they offered for me to wait for my money to be refunded, then order from somewhere else, so get the clay maybe two weeks after I had initially ordered it?

Yea, don't get enticed by the prices. You'll wait and wait and wait. Well, unless you don't mind waiting. I looked then for reviews. Yeah. I'll add my own to the one or two star after I get the package.

What next? I don't know. Honestly, I don't. We'll just go with the flow.

Here's the two tutorials:



Ah yes, and I did an intro on the malachite tutorial that is on the sponsors group





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It will be posted after I review it.
I am sorry but I have to moderate comments due to spam.