Friday, August 18, 2017

The things that make me happy

One of the most important things for me in posting all these tutorials is to see my subscribers "take flight", so to speak.
In  my "end of the month, new month" video that I posted in August, I was talking about how other artists who post tutorials on youtube tell you "I am showing you this, but don't copy me, make your own". And I said that I say the contrary, "copy me. I put this out here for you do make it. Copy exactly what I'm doing until you have the handle on the technique, and then put your own touch on it and develop it further."
This is how you evolve as an artist. This is how the whole art community evolves - by learning the how to's from each other and then bringing it to new levels, adding our own touch.
I am exceptionally happy when I see any of you making something that I have shown in one of my tutorials perfectly. And I am exceptionally happy when I see one of you actually taking it to the next level, and putting your own personal touch. The discovery in art is the "thinking outside the box". It's looking at another artist's work and then your mind starting to buzz with the "what if" possibilities of bringing what you see to a new level.

I had made an applique pendant during my last Sunday's live event. People have posted absolutely beautiful and perfectly made pendants using that technique, some did it at the same time with me, some did it afterwards.

And then Leona shows up. With a totally new combination of colors. It looks so beautiful that it blew me away. The color combination of the skinner blend background and using black for the applique part, make it look like an alien landscape. Leona, thank you for allowing me to start my day looking at something beautiful.

This is Leona's pendant.


I had already been blown away by Nancy's pendant, with the use of dark blue and white gold glitter.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It will be posted after I review it.
I am sorry but I have to moderate comments due to spam.