Tuesday, August 1, 2017

August 1st

One of my best friends posted today "August 1 may be the day of new searches. It's up to us which road we'll follow. There's an old saying "measure seven times, cut once", so it would be good if we think well what we say and what we do."

It's the beginning of the end. Of summer, what did you think? The change of color in nature, we start seeing  more yellow and rust and the fall flowers will start blooming soon. So probably our creations will slowly change color patterns. Did you notice that? If you go look at most artists' work, you will see the change, following the seasons. It's something that is in the subconscious.

Anyway. IF (and only IF) I manage to do a tutorial today it will be either a very short one (maybe the caterpillar?) or part 1 of the color theory tutorial, because it's mostly narrated and I decided to make it on the laptop, so I don't have to sit up in a chair while editing it.

But I have a fairly busy day - as usual, before noon, because I have to do as much as I can before the potential narcoleptic stage of my days kicks in.

Let me see: 

1. get to the post office to mail the packages for the winners of the 1,000 subscribers contest (I know, it's been almost a couple of weeks, but budget)
2. get to Hobby Lobby - not just for buying the chain to finish the "clay with me" black and white piece but also it's a 30% off on polymer clay week so I have to take advantage of that.
3. a little grocery shopping - as I decided to go back on low carb diet for a while, just to make sure that it's not the carb thing that brought on these fatigue/narcolepsy spells. The three years I've been on low carb I felt so full of energy that I was really active despite the chronic pain issue. My body has been so messed up by chemo that it's very possible that is the culprit.
4. a few pieces that need sanded, varnished, put together. 

So that's quite a bit of driving around, and because I can't take pain medicine and drive, it's quite a bit of driving around in pain. That makes me more tired than normal.  

So that I do give you some useful information too, not just my daily woes.

Excellent information on what gauge of wire to use for what pieces of jewelry

Nice mokume gane tutorial in images. If you'd accept my color advice though: 1. the dark green I would use a 1:1 mix of jungle green and green Premo; 2 the lighter green I'd use the Wasabi Premo (or Souffle Pistacchio) 3. I'd only use one yellow, the Souffle canary (or a mix of 1:1 Premo white and yellow) 4. I would eliminate the silver/granite pearl completely. Try it


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It will be posted after I review it.
I am sorry but I have to moderate comments due to spam.