Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Extruder strings tutorial this afternoon

I am about 1/3 done taping. I went ahead and mowed the lawn while the first part of the piece was baking. Going to take a shower, then head out to buy some fruit, then finish this.

Will update later. I gotta go. Don't want to be still out and about when it's 96F in the shade.

Update 12:30 pm

Finally back home. Put almost all the groceries away - had to stop, rest and allow for my pain pill to start working. The whole trip took again about 45 minutes longer than it usually does, because of the darn road work. I might rest until PCT's live event, being stuck in traffic and having to be in the same position made my back muscles really really spasm.

Still debating which stamp to use for the central part of the piece of the tutorial. AND what technique I want to use for it - isn't that terrible? I'm torn between chalk pastels and alcohol inks. Anyway, the whole tutorial is based on the extruder-strings-ran-through-the-pasta-machine technique.

You've probably seen it already in this form:





Yea, I clay-doodled last evening. And I could have sworn I had used turquoise blue but I guess the artificial light tricked me. That will teach me to make sure I put the clay in its designated color folder.

Anyway, yes, it's based on this technique, but it's not this. You know how I like to do the "think outside the box" thing, so it's completely different. Well, no not really completely, it still uses the strings thing. Well, You'll see.

As more news, I talked to my orthopedists' office this morning and apparently my hands should have responded better to the shot, so they scheduled me for another shot. And they told me once again I will, at one point have to go get surgery.

My hands have a double-whammy, in case I didn't explain it before. My cervical spine is very messed up - two pairs of vertebrae slipped (C3-C4 and C5-C6), almost no disks left between C2 and C7, the foramens (those little openings through which the nerves come out of the spine marrow) are very narrowed - that's where my loss of function comes from - and lots of osteophytes, the spine cord is actually compressed in several spots.
On top of this, I have osteoarthritis of the base of the thumb. I know, you can't see a thing, and my hands look normal. Because I have OSTEOarthritis not rheumatoid (inflammatory) arthritis. There's no inflammation. But I have on both hands bone spurs at the base of the thumb that cut into the tendons, making movements like pinching, grasping, buttoning/unbuttoning, etc very painful.

So, even if I'm not happy about the perspective of having to have spinal fusion in my neck sometime in the future, I really can't wait until they say "ok, no more shots, time to laser out those bone spurs in your hands". Seriously. I'd have at least that pain gone.

Will update later - not sure if new post or just update this one.

Update 9:15/ Sorry I'm so late. I'm afraid I narcolepsied for a while, haha.

Anyway, here's the  tutorial








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It will be posted after I review it.
I am sorry but I have to moderate comments due to spam.