Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Hands feeling a tad better

So I started working on stuff.

Rough attempt at black Australian bolder opal. To be very honest, I had this planned in a long time. Just didn't have the money to get all I needed, and then, by the time I got all I needed, Ludmila Bakulina came up with her tutorial on that. I think I am overly ethical sometimes (I even manage to get irritated at myself) so I postponed my tutorial for black opal for a while

It is true that:

1. My way of doing it is not really like hers.
2. There are other tutorials out there on the same stuff
3. Goodness gracious there's so much stealing nonchalantly going on from people's ideas and tutorials it's flabbergasting. The other day (I wrote about it) in  one day only, I saw two fresh tutorials presenting the stuff I had just posted in mine, with no reference to my tutorials, presented like it was their idea. And this was on things I came up with, not common knowledge. I even commented on one of those "I am happy when I see people doing beautiful things from my tutorials". The woman just said "glad you like it". No shit. Then another one, just copied exactly (well tiny differences in the execution) one of the tutorials Gayle Thompson had just posted, same subject, same colors, same title (only in French). So  ... if I'm not even using her technique, I shouldn't even worry, right? Sigh

But.

I know there are people who would see it as some kind of challenge. I am not here to challenge anyone. Even if I am always honest and if I don't like something or I think it's done wrong I will come out and say it (well, of course, coated in honey so I wouldn't hurt people's feelings), I don't like people to feel like I'm against them or something.

After all, people make money because of the Adsense accounts, the ads on their videos. I don't. My Adsense account has been suspended about 8 years ago - long story short, Google shafted me (like they did hundreds of thousands of people, we're a whole group) when it was time to pay me and said I had invalid clicks, and because I wasn't able to tell them were all the 1,300+ internationally-spread members of the dating website I owned were accessing the website from (No, I am not kidding, that is what they wanted to know), they suspended my account. For ever.

So yea, back to our subject - I do understand they make money, and that is why they are so desperate in getting more subscribers and views. But still. I promise you, I'm a very nice person, until someone takes me for granted or thinks that they can bully me or take advantage of me or lie to me.

So... there, you know more about me. I was told I don't write enough about me and I'm too short on my blog posts. Ok, I can only promise that I'll try to write longer, and I'll try to write about myself and what's around me too.

So, now that my hands are starting to work again, let's see:

Got that black opal cooking. It's a rough attempt, just want to see how the colors would come out and if the way I thought of putting things together would work. I doubt it will look too good, but it will give me an idea.

I do need to work on tomorrow's tutorial. I have to get out of the house to grab some money - not a whole lot - from the store I have stuff in consignment/ And get some fresh fruit. I've been out for 3 days now. That should be around 10 am, so considering I wake up between 4 am and 5 am, and need at least an hour of coffee to get functional, I need to work on it a little bit tonight too.

Not sure yet what it will be though. Soutache? Not the carnelian for sure, I need daylight and sun coming from the East in the room. Maybe another type of stacked - well it's not a cane so I don't know how to call it really.


I finally got the gold and silver leaf in the mail. And I have 3 different techniques I have to try with those.  They are related to mokume gane and to Sutton slice.

I'll update this later after the first attempt to boulder opal is cooked and I sand and buff it.

And what about some polymer clay doodle technique? Huh? Huh?

Update 8:40 pm

Ok. Not bad. I know exactly what I need to do and I need one more ingredient and already ordered it. Honestly I'd love to have bronze (or at least copper) foil instead of gold but I think I can do that with alcohol inks (change the color of the foil that is)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It will be posted after I review it.
I am sorry but I have to moderate comments due to spam.