Monday, June 19, 2017

Warning: rant

If  you don't like rants, don't read.

Sometimes I get so irritated of - wait, what? Sometimes? scratch that.
I always get so irritated by attitudes of entitlement. In every aspect of life.

When it comes to polymer clay artists, there are quite a few out there who post tutorials. Some just because they like to share what they know, some because they need to generate income, and posting free tutorials is the best way to attract people to, yanno, buy your paid-for tutorials, sometimes just because they like to have a place where they can feel that they are doing something worthwhile, you know, confidence boost or whatever.
Some of them are more talented, some less, some are good artists but not such good teachers, some are so and so artists but excellent teachers, some actually suck, but that is not the important thing.

The thing is, most people are usually very grateful for being able to have FREE access to knowledge. To learn for free something.

And then you have the entitled douchebags.

There is this polymer clay artist who has a youtube channel. What this woman can do, when it comes to sculpting miniatures, and plants and flowers and bugs, is beyond words. She's an Artist with capital A, and if there was something beyond that, she would deserve it.
She has TONS of free tutorials. And I mean TONS.

Then she posted a presentation (short ad) of one of her PAID classes on a website that hosts this kind of stuff.

Whaddaya know, this guy comments:

"I had to downvote this because it's just an advert for a paysite, sorry. I have enjoyed your normal videos before!"

Did you notice the word "normal"? Yes/No? Notice it. That is what is NORMAL for this douchebag. Someone is spending their time (and money, because obviously materials aren't free, and also, she could earn money during something else instead of making free tutorials) and he considers it "normal". He is ENTITLED to it. He feels that an artist - or anyone else, for that matter - asking to be paid for what they do is a disgrace and something to never be encouraged.

Honestly, if I were her, I'd ban his stinky ass from my channel. Period.

Uhhhh.

In other breaking news, there's about half an hour left and you'll see the aquamarine tut.

The jade.... uhhh. I am so disappointed, I probably shouldn't even have tried to work on anything yesterday. I hate so much the way it came up that I can't even take a proper photo of it lol




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It will be posted after I review it.
I am sorry but I have to moderate comments due to spam.