Thursday, June 15, 2017

Today - cloisonne 3

I must clean my work space first - been doing texture sheets out of "bake and bend" so it's a mess. Then I have to go get gas, I must do that early in the morning because we're looking at a few days of "scorcher" here, and I don't want to go get gas when it's 96F outside.

Then I'll tackle the "faux enamel cloisonne 3rd technique". This one requires something special, you'll see what.

I managed to make last evening the things I need for my attempt to "Lalique inspired" pendant. Today - this afternoon, more precisely - I will start working on it.

I am also working on a necklace that is Game of Thrones inspired. That one involves sculpted dragons. I am wondering if it's worth taping - that is, if anyone would be interested in watching that. I need to make the dragon's eye iris.

I also got yesterday what I need to make the "faux malachite" tutorial.

So let me see. Right now I got these series in my tutorials:

- feathers. As I stated in the first video, will be making feather canes, and practical applications. Not sure yet if I should do the practical application after each technique or do first all the techniques then do practical applications. The first variant makes more sense though.

- faux gemstones. I got what I need for now for: jade, malachite, turquoise (yes I finally got everything for this), carnelian, agate, jasper, brecciated jasper, unakite, lapis, opal, moonstone, labradorite, rainbow moonstone (which is just a type of labradorite), spectrolite (which is again another type of labradorite, just more showy). I probably could do fire opal but not fire agate yet. I think I need resin for the fire agate, due to the "explosion clouds" look.

- "in the style of" jewelry. I have on the list Hopi, Zuni and Tuareg.

- organic jewelry. Next in line is "pods"

And then a lot of other things that I won't list here so I won't spoil the surprise haha.

Anyway. As usual I will update later. With the teaser and then the link to the tutorial.

12:00 pm update. It's uploading. The Youtube powers-that-be say there's 1 hour 50 minutes remaining.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It will be posted after I review it.
I am sorry but I have to moderate comments due to spam.