Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Feathers

In the second part of the "Navajo style jewelry" tutorial I promised to show how to sculpt feathers. I was reminded by one of my subscribers yesterday that I promised that, so this is what the tutorial today will be about.
There are many feathers tutorials out there. So as I don't like to just post the same things that others have posted before me, I will try to:

1. make this more exhaustive. In that respect, I will actually make probably this tutorial in three parts. The first one being sculpting the feathers and making a mold. The second and third part will be on how to make feathers using canes. The second with "normal" feathers, the third with more exotic feathers.

2. I will make it a practical tutorial. Each part will be followed by a practical application of the respective technique. As in, making a jewelry piece using that technique.

I will also post links to other various tutorials that are posted online, so people can see what other artists are using as techniques for this subject.

As for my personal work, I need to:

1. start working on textures with that "bake and bend" I got.
2. I have a few pieces of jewelry in mind that I need to work on. Asap.
3. I have a few commissions to make
4. I need to try something (actually three somethings) that I've been thinking about. It pertains to canes, jelly rolls, mokume gane and other things like that. I will tape while I'm experimenting and if it comes out the way I think it will, tutorials with new techniques on the way. Yay!

And I need to make a short trip this morning to a store near me that is the only retail store that sells my jewelry. The owner is an old good friend of mine - I wouldn't trust just anyone to sell my stuff.

On a different note, I do feel a little better. Still narcolepsied last evening at around 6 pm. with a few bouts of waking up, but at least I woke up feeling a little rested, not still tired like before.

Will update later with the link to the tutorial.

Update 1:15 pm. Finally back home. Went also to meet with a lady who bought the big dragon's eye pendant, she couldn't believe I was in the same town with her haha! So instead of me mailing it and her having to pay shipping we just met. She said initially she wanted to get it for her hubby but now that she saw it "for real" he is not going to get it, she's wearing it! Warmed my heart to see  my art so valued.

Anyway. I need to rest a bit then I'll upload the tutorial. Shouldn't take long, it's under 10 minutes. But then with youtube you never know.

Ok it's up


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It will be posted after I review it.
I am sorry but I have to moderate comments due to spam.