Friday, May 26, 2017

The plan for this week-end

So my plans for this week-end and next week will entail:

= a tutorial on how to make a whole piece of jewelry. I realized that the last tutorials only showed techniques but I haven't done a full piece in a while. I think I am going to use some of the pieces of faux larimar to make a "organic concept" jewelry piece. Won't be able to make a tutorial about faux larimar because I am out of blue clay, pretty much. I still have some white Premo but honestly, considering how soft and stretchy white Premo is lately I'd rather wait to buy some souffle after the 1st of the month.

- a tutorial on how to make simple faux patina on metal-like bezels and pieces

- I'm really considering making once a month the "blunder of the month" video. For this May it would be my foot-long pansy cane. haha.

- faux wood - that has to wait until I get more clay

- at one point I will have to "attack" the turquoise, but that one too has to wait for me getting more clay, so after the 1st.

- a video with various small tuts that only take a few minutes each, people who have asked me "how to" and tips and it shouldn't take long. I'd rather make a video with 3-4 of those things together in a 10-ish minutes range than have 2-3 minutes separate videos.

- Touareg inspired jewelry - this might get divided in two, as it implies faux carnelian so it should have a faux carnelian tutorial prior to making the piece of jewelry itself.

- Native American inspired jewelry

- ah yes. the "heat patina". This also has to wait for more clay.

- still got the two to make, the "dimension and distress" and "pansies"

Now of course I can get distracted on other things if my mind decides to wander and feels the sudden urge to try something else. But I'm good on ideas for a while.

Today I have an early morning doctor appointment and I REALLY need to get to the grocery store. So probably I'll start working on the tutorial - whichever of them it is - around noon. That means expect the new tutorial around... 5-6 pm CDT?

Will update later as usual

5:10 pm update

Sorry for late update. I have been working on that necklace (the whole piece of jewelry thing) for the tutorial. It will be a  long-ish tutorial so I might separate it in two parts. I'd rather have 2 videos of 25 minutes each than 1 video of 50 minutes. People don't watch that long. But I think it will show a lot of tips and techniques and also the fact that you don't need fancy materials and tools and textures in order to make fancy stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It will be posted after I review it.
I am sorry but I have to moderate comments due to spam.