Friday, May 19, 2017

Second day of storms

So, I survived yesterday, and except for a lot of leaves on the ground and one temporarily scared out of his wits cat, it wasn't so bad.

Today is round two. True, we are not in "high risk", not even in "moderate", just in "enhanced". But this is Oklahoma. For one, we've had tornadoes before even when we were in "slight" risk and for two, Oklahoma City is smack dab in the bull's eye of the area of "enhanced" risk.

So, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

The only issue is that due to the atmospheric pressure my chronic pain is more of an "acute chronic pain". Well. I'll survive that too.

I've been mulling lots of ideas in my mind last evening, for new jewelry pieces and other kind of stuff, and also for tutorials.

I am glad you enjoyed the Coleus leaf cane tutorial Yes, the same principle can be applied for other purposes and yes, the final part looks a little bit like making Natasha beads.

I think I'll do a tutorial on applying different color layers of mica powders and chalk pastels on the same area for dimensional or distress effect today. It's plain, simple and shouldn't be too long.

No, I did not forget about the faux Tiffany tutorial. I still didn't get what I need. I will, soon, I promise.

In the meantime I am researching the differences between rubbing alcohol, surgical spirit and denatured alcohol and the effects it would have in alcohol ink blooming and in the actual DIY alcohol ink. I still have lots of markers around the house haha.

What do you guys know about Patreon? Tell me.

And now that we're on the subject of "tell me", I appreciate all your messages. Yes, I will do a "meet me" video to answer all your questions. Soon. I promise.

Will update later as the day - and the storms - pass by. In the meantime, my lilies have bloomed, last night, during the storm

9:45 update

I decided to make a tutorial on faux enameled cloisonne. I just felt like it. Making a pendant so it will be done to show it at the end. The tutorial should be fairly short afterwards.

Maybe if I'm hyper enough because of the weather and if I don't lose power I'll make the "dimension and distress" one too. I am so optimistic.

In other news, OKC is not in the "enhanced risk" anymore, just in the "slight risk"

Update 1:40 pm. Meh. Everything got pushed by a few hours. Internet people fixing the interwebs in the neighborhood due to storms yesterday.

Update 4:55 pm

It is uploading. About one hour and a half left - as of now. Until then, here's a sneak peek - the image is a little blurry as it's a still from the video. The glaze isn't fully cured yet, it will be completely transparent like glass when it will be fully cured.

Update 6:25(ish)

Storms rolling through
40 more minutes on the video
I really need to get some surgical spirit and see the difference in blooming on polymer clay for alcohol inks vs IPA.

Piece finished curing, this is how it looks like






And no, this technique cannot be used for faux stained glass. For several reasons among which the most important is that stained glass is not glossy. You are supposed to avoid glossiness and glare as much as possible so the actual design and pattern aren't hidden by it. Stained glass has a mated finish.

That's why I say, be patient. I will do the faux Tiffany tutorial and you will see that I'm right. THAT is the look.

8:15 update

Storms keep rolling over

Tutorial is finally up

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It will be posted after I review it.
I am sorry but I have to moderate comments due to spam.