Sunday, February 3, 2019

Donations for Deborah Rice

NOTE: Deborah has passed away on August 2019. Thank you everyone who made her last months a bit easier to bear.

 

This is to update you on the helping Debbie go through her treatment. Please scroll down for updates.

If you're not familiar with the type of brain cancer she was diagnosed with (Glioblastoma IDH wild type) you can find information HERE. It's the most aggressive type of brain cancer that gives the shortest survival.

Deborah's story as told by herself.

" I realize you don't know me since you're new, and I haven't been able to be active in the group for a while now. The day after Christmas a brain tumor was found with a CT scan, and an MRI was done the following day, showing a tumor the size of a golf ball. Shortly after that I was taken by ambulance late one evening to the Corvallis Regional Medical Center, about 2 hours from where I live on the Oregon coast. I was slipping into a coma when I got there and they had to do emergency brain surgery or I would have died. It was a long surgery and they removed as much of the tumor as they could, but couldn't take it all without destroying and removing brain tissue itself. It has now already spread to the other side of the brain and is quickly forming others, as is the nature of this beast.

Samples were sent to multiple pathology labs across the state, including the Oregon Health Science University. All agreed that it is glioblastoma, the most aggressive form of brain cancer. Though there is no cure, and not even much that will slow it down for long, I am going to pursue treatment, both chemo and radiation, which could either help for a short while, or make it worse and go faster. I will do what the medical field can do, but ultimately I know that God is the one who has the final say-so over my life, short or long. I've experienced miracles and seen many others. I'm a fighter, not a quitter, and will fight with all I have to not just surrender to this. so will see what He does on this section of my journey. I'm here for the glory of God, and I love Him passionately! I've had many opportunities to encourage others each step of the way, and I have been so blessed by it, and count it as a privilege. Sorry this is so long, maybe I just felt the need to ramble, but if I don't speak my heart now,while I still have a voice to express, then when? Those are my thoughts, anyway. And if I'm being a little selfish in sharing my thoughts, well then that's where I'm at, and it has to be okay. I can only be where I am, and live that moment, being present in it.

.......... I'm trying to catch up after being out of commission for too long. Clay withdrawal isn't fun at all, and I definitely prefer fun - all I can get of it! So, as Day always says, "Happy Claying!"






I had asked Deb Friday evening to try and do a donate button on her Paypal, following my tutorial on how to do subscriptions without using Patreon, but creating a donation button instead.
Why I chose to try and help her this way and not through GoFundMe, is because that way requires more steps, there are more fees and it takes longer for the money to actually get to her.

The thing is, Deb has issues focusing and concentration and following up. So when I didn't get from her the code, I waited for her daughter to get there Saturday (yesterday) so she can help Deb do it.
Unfortunately Deborah was set to go have a hair cut (truth is, the front part of her head was, obviously, shaved for the surgery so she only has hair on the back of her head) but due to the time zone difference, I would have been asleep by the time they would be back.  There are a lot of changes in behavior when having that type of tumor destroying your brain, so we have to have patience with her. I'll try and get  with Kari over Skype this afternoon. Deborah pretty much is awake at night and sleeps most of the day, so it's a bit hard to coordinate.

As soon as I get the code I will post the button here. That way, everything will go directly to her Paypal account instantly and she can purchase what she needs.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It will be posted after I review it.
I am sorry but I have to moderate comments due to spam.