Saturday, July 8, 2017

"silk brocade" effect tutorial & more

I managed to upload the second tutorial yesterday - well not yesterday because I think it was after midnight when it finished uploading.


A few words about this: it helps if your second, "line" stamp or texture is transparent so you can see where you place it in order not to cover the "background pattern" stamp motifs.
The tube... I know it looks big, but it actually is completely covered by the pendant. As I said in the video, I made it bigger because I was afraid that 4 strands of leather strap wouldn't fit through it if it were thinner. I really should get some faux suede cord, it's much softer and thinner than the real thing.

In other news, I got bonked on the head by a very aggressive room freshener thingamajig. I have one of those big ones that puffs every so many minutes, in the laundry room, because that's where both the trash can and the kitteh litter box are, and even if I keep it very clean and it never smells, you know, just in case. I also have the fridge in the laundry room, because it's a fairly sized laundry room, and it's right near the water line so can be easily connected for ice making purposes. The room freshener thingy is on top of the fridge.

We had an earthquake last night, and probably that's what moved the air freshener thingy right at the edge of the top of the fridge. I didn't notice (too early in the morning) so when I went to grab some ice-cream to put in my coffee (I'm of European origin, I love ice-cream in my coffee), I got bonked on the head as soon as I opened the freezer door. I got now a small concussion and small cut on my forehead. Goodness gracious, good thing I don't keep my exercise dumbbells on the fridge.

I've been stuck uploading videos for the "paid tutorials". Honestly I don't know what is best.
Some people love subtitled tutorials. Some don't like those but prefer the spoken ones.
On one hand, subtitled ones can be made shorter and edited til they get bloody, but then you spend 2 hours editing a 20 minutes video. But that reduces uploading time.
On the other hand, spoken (narrated) ones, mean almost no time spent editing, but then they are much longer and you waste hours uploading.

Meh. I wish we had Romania's internet speed. In case you didn't know, it's second in the world, after South Korea. And you get like 100Mbps speed for under $10 a month.

Mulling what to do next.

I did start uploading products to the facebook page store - it's up and running. Still got a bunch to upload.

Didn't put resin yet on the pieces that need resined.

Mostly because we're in a "I might rain but I might just scare you that I might" Mother Nature day. And that hurts my hands.

I think things will not really get back to normal for me with the hands until Tuesday when I get my habitual cervical spine shot. That reduces the inflammation on the nerves and I hurt so much less for a while.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It will be posted after I review it.
I am sorry but I have to moderate comments due to spam.