Saturday, July 15, 2017

Colors...

I am almost done with editing the tutorial  for today - well to be honest, I taped stuff for three tutorials at the same time - but I will have to leave the house soon for my weekly foray with my best friend. I will also stop at Hobby Lobby to get clay - it's the week with discounts on it, and with both me and my BFF having the 40% coupon, I intend to get a texture and a silk screen as well.

I am sorry I didn't do stuff earlier. For one, last evening I narcolepsied again. Woke up around midnight but I felt like a zombie, so I pretty much dozed on and off until close to 5 am.

Then I worked on the tutorials but also I have a few commissions to finish. One of them I am quite proud of. It was ordered by someone for a lady who has been diagnosed with breast cancer and is starting chemo soon, and it's supposed to cover the port she has. The idea is that it's supposed to be something "empowering". So I thought of this. I usually don't use molds, but I had this mold of the Goddess Athena, so I thought, what better "empowerment" than the warrior goddess? Then I used the "extruder stripes" to make the necklace look like waves of power radiating from the central figure.






So first in line for uploading today is a short tutorial on making a pair of ear rings from the spiral jelly roll mokume gane. No, not the same cane, I actually made a new one with a blue/green color swatch, because the original one I have it earmarked for a tutorial for my Patreon patrons. Also, I wanted to deform the cane for the ear rings as I wanted them in a long triangle. I don't fully finish them because they need resined, and no UV resin. So it would have been hard to resin them up if they were already with the findings on.

But they came up pretty. I made a necklace to go with them too, used as filling some left-over veneer from that busted bangle I made when I made the brocade effect tutorial. I also wanted to show one of the combinations of colors I was talking about during the tutorial.





Should I make a "how to choose colors" tutorial? There have been a few comments about how to choose colors on several of my tutorials, so I wonder if I should make a tutorial about that?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It will be posted after I review it.
I am sorry but I have to moderate comments due to spam.