Friday, June 23, 2017

Short video today - more later

As I am nearing 1,000 subscribers on Youtube, I feel the need of an overhaul because I start being a little swamped.

Don't get me wrong, I love making tutorials, and if it wasn't for the slowness of uploading, you'd probably get sometimes even two a day. But I realized I got some areas where I need to streamline the flow, so to speak, because there are hiccups and it stresses me out, and I hate being stressed.

1. I think I will close the online store and start selling on the Facebook page. For two main reasons: probably better market penetration and - most importantly - one less website to update. Right now I have too many places on the internet that I have to go update in order to have a good web presence. Eliminating some would be good. That would mean that

2. I can free the domain and apply it on the blog here. At least this one is directly connected with facebook - well, pretty much. I can install some gimmicks that will make it so that whenever I post something in one of them it will automatically post in the other. The Google+ is already connected here.

3. If I do that, I will be able to "bring in the circle" so to speak, the other ones - flickr, instagram, etc.

4. Yes, I will start to have paid tutorials soon. Everybody does. I will still keep a very decent proportion - probably like 10-15 free ones for every paid one. To be honest, what I've done until now is just... you know, not even appetizers. I'm way far from showing people the "heavy guns" yet.

5. I do need to catch up with my creations. I mean, making tutorials is ok, doing commission work is ok - yes I had to do a few orders, that was another reason why I'm lagging in posting tutorials - but I also need to have more actual good quality pieces out for sale (and show). A lot of the commission work I do I can't show because my clients (that I've had for years) want to be sure of wearing absolutely unique items. I have an understanding with them of never posting photos of what I make for them, so nobody can steal the idea or even get inspiration from it. That means that I do have to work on a few really good quality pieces. I should be done soon with at least a couple.

6. I have a ton of stuff to re-arrange and to pack. Still have a pile on one table since I took photos and never went back to actually pack them nicely so they'd be ready to ship. Also, free that table lol.

So....

I did the stamps for the mokume gane pieces I have in mind. They came up nice. Worth the trip to Target and falling prey to the desire for ice cream lol







The African necklace is coming up nicely. It's on the back burner for now until the leather cords I ordered get here. But yea, that second photo, that is a bead. With ground coffee in it lol






Not sure if the next tutorial I post will be the watercolor torn paper one or the pods one. Funny thing, I had these on the counter, friend comes over, and was extremely puzzled on "what kind of pods are those". She thought they were real. What better compliment?





here's today short tutorial





1 comment:

  1. LOVE all your videos & your blogs! Thanks for sharing your creative genius with us! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! It will be posted after I review it.
I am sorry but I have to moderate comments due to spam.