Thursday, June 21, 2018

What's on my list of buys you ask?

Well, from my "monthly chats with you", you already know that my "must" to buy that are planned and budgeted, and very important, are, in order: a bigger monitor, an ergonomic chair, and new eyeglasses.
1. The bigger monitor - well, it will be actually a TV. For the size I need, a TV that size is less than half the price of an actual monitor. As long as the TV has HDMI input, good resolution and all that, it will work just fine. With a bigger monitor, I'll be able to see better what the heck I'm doing. And see when I get off-camera, lol
2. An ergonomic chair. They make "gaming chairs" now! That is for people that sit immobile (well, moving your mouse and typing on the keyboard doesn't count as much mobility) for long long hours. With an ergonomic chair I will be able to sit on a chair longer than one hour, not just for the lives, but I'll also be able to not have to go lay down every 15 minutes when I am working on something.
3. New eyeglasses. I actually need progressive ones, that will finally make it possible that I don't have to go "glasses on/glasses off) all the time.

But what about other things? what other things are "musts"
Well, there aren't many. Just a few.

One would be another organizer. If you haven't checked my Amazon influencer store, there's a whole section there with organizers. I have a pretty nifty one, all metal - that takes away the worry of it being affected by the clay. Why do I need so many organizers on my table? Because it can be painful to keep getting up and getting stuff from the shelves/drawers.
I already have one similar to what I will show you below, that I got at BigLots for $8. This one is $10, but it's a tad bigger. I love the fact that it has both upright holders AND little drawers.

Metal organizer

Then some more sterilite stackable drawers. With those I have no qualms, I'll just look around at Goodwill. Last time I went there I found 2 of them, the kind that are over $10 in the store, for just $2.99 a piece.

Some tiered spice jar holders. That will also be Goodwill. I have this tiered carousel rack for spices, that's been on my counter for ages. I was looking at it one day and went "hmm... I almost never use the spices from it, I use the spices from the cabinet, it's there just because it matches the cabinets. I wonder..." So out the old spices went, jars were cleaned, lids were labeled, then were filled with all kinds of mica powders I had laying around in various plasticky containers and little bags. Ta-daa! huge space saver. Need to do that for more of the mica powders and also for the acrylic paints that I use very often.

I'm talking about stuff like this one

They're expensive as heck when brand new. But I've seen them plenty at Goodwill and other thrift stores.

So yes, as you can see, it's pretty much organizing. One day I'll show you my work room. And explain why I have it set this way - the whole idea is to minimize painful moving around to get what I need, and also decluttering and saving space.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It will be posted after I review it.
I am sorry but I have to moderate comments due to spam.