Friday, July 14, 2017

Today - something fun

As I am working at more "heavy" stuff - well not really more heavy but I decided to make a few frawings (no worry, these are computer graphics not me and my notebook and marker) that would emphasize what I am trying to explain - I think today I will just make one of those quick DIY things. People seem to love earrings. So I'll make a pair of earrings then I'll keep working on my other tutorials.
I did some short errands - I really needed a couple more small glass tiles and some Loctite, so I went to Lowe's real quick. And got some Pepsi Diet.

I know, soda is bad for you. But, let me explain. Before my cancer diagnosis, I drank soda maybe once a year and that only if I was in a "I'm hot and dehydrated and there is literally nothing else to drink" situation. So definitely soda was not one of the cancer risk factors for me. Tbh I have no idea what the risk factor was, as all my life I was on a semi-vegetarian diet (close to what is known now as the Mediterranean Diet) with almost no meat (just for the holidays, yanno, hey, there's no holidays without meat) but with eggs and dairy (mostly goat and sheep as I have a weird allergy to cow dairy) and very rarely fish, so mostly raw fruits and vegetables, with some whole-grain bread sometimes usually dipped in seasoned virgin olive oil. I used to be an athlete in my youth (gymnastics) and was always active. No family history. When they ran my "cancermath" *that's a software that calculates your risk of getting cancer* it came back .... 0.02% risk of getting breast cancer in this lifetime. And yet, I got it.

So, anyway - to make this long story shorter - after one of the 6 surgeries I had in 2 1/2 years, I had this huge craving for... Pepsi. My boyfriend at the time ran to the hospital cafeteria and brought me one in the recovery room. I chugged it down, then promptly puked it all out (doh, post-anesthesia). But since, I did drink a Pepsi once in a while, the diet one (not the aspartame one) as I don't eat sugar. Then I noticed that Diet Pepsi for some reason enhances the pain-relief properties of my pain medicine, and that allows me to take less than my prescribed dose. So, I would drink about one of those 2 liter bottles in a month.

So, back to the polymer clay. I really have some very pretty ideas about some ear-rings, but they involve resining. I do not have yet the means to get UV resin (the UV lamp I probably can do without, this is Oklahoma, we got plenty of sunshine here) so that would mean that I can't show the finished product at the end of the video, or, I'd have to shoot the video, resin the things, then wait for 2 days to be able to finish it. This is my only choice for now. I might go for it. Well, not for today's tutorial, of course.

Will update later, but probably with a new post. I made this one long enough.

Until then, here's Conor and Whisper chilling on the couch.

Update 5:30. Sorry. Things happened that required my attention around the house. Will finish editing the tutorial and upload it in the morning

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It will be posted after I review it.
I am sorry but I have to moderate comments due to spam.