Thursday, June 1, 2017

The real post for today

Ok, that will teach me to post early in the morning before I had all the coffee I need for my brain to properly wake up. See, there's a reason I started posting later in the day lately, lol

Now, the true stories for today and the good news. Because yes, I know, me being so busy and not posting tutorials is not such good news.

1. I am going to get a new desk/table/whatever today. Yes, I know I did talk about it in the post I made earlier, but I did not elaborate on it at all.

See, when I started to make the tutorials (one day I'll tell you the story about that) I first used my kitchen table. I am fortunate to have a fairly big kitchen with a good dining area in it. So I used that table. On the table I had set the tripod I have for my camera/camcorder. Which, both crapped on me. So I concocted a rigging, with the tripod set right above my working glass mat and the webcamera dangling from the top of it on a piece of wire. Well. That was not terrific for two reasons: one was that I couldn't really move the camera, all I could do was to zoom in and out. And two, because of the way the tripod was set, the bottom of the feet were touching the working mat, so every little move I was doing on the mat, even the slightest use of the rolling pin or cutting something, made the camera move.

That, and also the fact that I am trying to sell my house. So every time someone would want to see the house, I'd have to remove all my "rigging" and supplies and pasta machine and everything, then set it back in when the person left.

So I moved stuff in my "office" room (it's just the spare bedroom, you guys). I got the computer desk on one side, then the "stormtrooper" then a bookshelf. I moved the monitor on the bookshelf and clamped the swivel arm lamp (that my BFF had brought me from her attic) on the bookshelf, and dangled the webcamera from it. Good stuff. The only problem is, it's great to tape what I'm doing, but when it comes to video editing, I can't lug the monitor back and forth between the desk and the bookshelf, so I just get to edit the videos standing up. That, because of my medical issues, translates into lots of pain and editing the videos in spurts of 5 minutes at a time because I need to take frequent breaks because I can't literally stand anymore from pain after 5 minutes.

So, today, shine or rain, I am getting something from Goodwill, if I can still find the nice table I saw on Sunday (when I didn't have the dough) or if I find a crappy old sewing machine table, I don't care. I will get something. That way the monitor can go back on the computer desk and I can have a proper working area and less pain.

2. It's the first of the month, so I was able to get things. I ordered a Walnut Hollow extruder, Pebeo Prism paints, and interference pigments. Also some embossing powders. And other things. All that translates into many many tutorials I will be able to do for you. And due to multiple couponing I was also able to budget for some polymer clay! Well, that and the fact that it's on sale at Hobby Lobby.  Well, to be honest, all that was possible because we had such an unusual weather for May for Oklahoma. Not too hot and not too cold, and that meant that I didn't have to run the furnace or the A/C. Less money for utility bills meant more money for crafting, without cutting into my food or other necessities budget. Awesome stuff, eh?

So yes, look forward for June to some awesome tutorials.

I got the message, and I will show you also making pieces from start to end, not just techniques. Honestly why I don't do that is that because of my poor eye-sight, I have to bring stuff right under my nose when I deal with all those jump rings and end caps and clasps, but I'll figure out a way.

I will also make a few tutorials on how to make simpler and easier pieces that you can make on the go in less than an hour if you want to have something to wear for tonight's dinner with the gals (just kidding). But yes, I promise, I will do all that.

And I will try keeping the "clay with me Sunday" rolling.

To be honest, I was thinking of starting a "Golden Girls review" section too. That is, all kinds of tools for us ladies over 45. Because our hands grow more tired and we start getting all kinds of health issues (arthritis of the hand being the most common), I was thinking about reviewing some things that can make our life as crafters and artists easier.

So yes this is the proper blog post for today. Discard the other one.

4:50 pm update.

I bought everything - well, almost, I didn't find a big ball stylus. But I got the desk! So I'll be busy re-arranging the room.

Also, the 100 subscribers giveaway winner video is uploading. about 5 minutes left. I'll post the link.

Here it is



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It will be posted after I review it.
I am sorry but I have to moderate comments due to spam.