Friday, September 8, 2017

Betrayed by the mouse


So, as I was sitting here working on some stuff (read: drill holes for jump rings in stuff) waiting for the UPS to bring my polymer clay in, after I had realized that no, I can't do any mokume gane because I THOUGHT I still had white clay when in fact I didn't have a smidgeon left, I decided to go ahead and do another tutorial today. Even if said tutorial was pretty much scheduled for more towards the winter holidays. At least I knew I had enough clay for it.

So I started, went through all the beautiful steps for it, when it came to the final steps, UPS was at the door. I paused the recording, got my package checked it then went to finish the tutorial. Clicked the unpause button, did all the steps, tadaaaaa! wanted to stop the recording and that's when I realized that my mouse had run out of battery (I have a wireless) and that when I had clicked on "unpause" in fact... I hadn't clicked. And in my hazy poor eyesight I didn't realize that I wasn't recording.

So I guess that you are, indeed, supposed to see this tutorial for the winter holidays, not in September.

Well, let me just give you a glimpse of it. It's not a biggie, just a faux silk brocade appearance (yes, those pearlescents are mixed with other color) that looks like kimono silk, in the winter holiday colors. I know, I know, there are no dragonflies in winter. So what? That's the only silk screen that I have that wasn't mandala.
PS - both the red and the green are stronger, I just took the pics in the door, and it's sunny outside.
PPS. Yes. The clay is here. I'll do the mokume gane part 2 tomorrow early in the morning!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It will be posted after I review it.
I am sorry but I have to moderate comments due to spam.